PRESENCE OF ABSENCE
She has not spoken a day
The world evaporates into inanity
Life drifts like an empty cloud
Time trickles into tears!
The idiot mind plays pranks
Wild reason drills the heart
The wildest face of Nature
A sad procession of death!
Wisdom stands in witness box
Weakness descends upon action
The tethered thought like Seconds hand
Moves round and round nowhere!
Insecurity and suffocation
Determined to elope with death
Seeking a partner in loneliness
Go on an excursion into hell!
The dull day, the lazy cuckoo,
The straining tune far away,
The smoky climate, the frozen heart
Lead thoughts mechanically to her!
Her home, her gifts, her words
Places hollowed by togetherness
Melt back alive into experience!
O absence! How present you are!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PRESENCE OF ABSENCE by sree Jothi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Do accept, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit On The Side, Rod Morris
- Some Things Should Not Have Been, Anita Khelawan
- Let not this earth be divided, gajanan mishra
- With situation, hasmukh amathalal
- Misery Loves Company, Bill Cantrell
- Hot Summer Tanka, Toshie Nohara
- No need to ask, gajanan mishra
- Truth, Tony Adah
- Walking the dog, Nassy Fesharaki