PRESENCE OF ABSENCE
She has not spoken a day
The world evaporates into inanity
Life drifts like an empty cloud
Time trickles into tears!
The idiot mind plays pranks
Wild reason drills the heart
The wildest face of Nature
A sad procession of death!
Wisdom stands in witness box
Weakness descends upon action
The tethered thought like Seconds hand
Moves round and round nowhere!
Insecurity and suffocation
Determined to elope with death
Seeking a partner in loneliness
Go on an excursion into hell!
The dull day, the lazy cuckoo,
The straining tune far away,
The smoky climate, the frozen heart
Lead thoughts mechanically to her!
Her home, her gifts, her words
Places hollowed by togetherness
Melt back alive into experience!
O absence! How present you are!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (PRESENCE OF ABSENCE by sree Jothi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Everything but God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (acrostic poem), Marvin Brato Sr
- The Taking, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Killing Frost, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Inscrutable Twist, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Cordyceps, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- South, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Columbus Park, Anne Pierson Wiese