A Grave Evening
The dim cloudy evening
Pregnant with inexpressible emotions
The postman delivering parcels of past
Perhaps mummified memories
Dug into the bowels of death.
The emotions amorphous
Take shape and demand conformity
The retiring sun mischievously triggers
The sensitive breeze,
Transforms colours of the earth
Calling back the dim days.
The Home tuned cattle,
And the calm flowing river,
The silence of secrecy
Conspire to breathe life into
Emotions, safely strangled
And buried beyond retrieval.
Mind and soul churned together
In the grinder of time.
The thought beaten to pulp
The deceit counselling truth
The soul spread for post mortem
The moment life envies death!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Grave Evening by sree Jothi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- An Exotic Song, Kawa Karpo
- Worshiping with Deer, Bill Grace
- Serves Right, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- To My Best Enemy, Electric Lady
- Thy life, binod bastola
- Never Give Up, Sandra Feldman
- To a Muslim Assalam to a Hindu Ram Ram, Akhtar Jawad
- Enchanted Evening, The Princess
- Into The Past, Randy McClave
- Got The Feeling, Arthur Moore