He courted her for twelve revolving moons
Enchantment shared, or was it passing dream
Sweet as light, but so seem bright balloons.
Idylls fail when hesitations teem,
Take sail from tale winds, leave stale promise wept
Although two might have made a perfect team.
Their anniversary was deadline kept,
Inhibitions closing welcome's gate
Numb left the senses, hope away was swept.
Great expectations sought to counter fate,
Harmony, innate, was not denied,
One seemed born too early, one too late.
Pro-active pair, where one's disqualified,
Ever threads regrets unquantified.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Hesitating Hope by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Brand New Love (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Good-bye Windows XP, Roy Blokker
- Realy enjoying THAT 'last slice' - OF B.., sEaN nOrTh
- Brain Freeze, Ronald Chapman
- Writers block in July, Matthew Holloway
- Birds Flying High, Ronald Chapman
- August 1914, John F. McCullagh
- Between the Lines (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Quiet Pretty Flower, White Lily
- Best of Three Worlds, Ronald Chapman