“Hey Mr. Ranger Sir, All that I Want is a Picnic Basket -Uhm, better make it a Minivan.”
The first part of the title, I often recall, that’s what Yogi the Bear said the park ranger.
The human species choice of vehicle break-ins, in the USA, is the Cadillac Escalade.
But if you have a minivan and go to the national parks, you are in danger.
The minivan is vehicle of choice of the park bears.
They don’t march in a parade,
-however they stealthly prey on their prey.
One should fear.
The reasons aren't entirely clear,
-says study author Stewart Breck of the National Wildlife Research Center,
but probably have something to do with the messy passengers common in minivans.
'Not all minivans had food in them, ' Breck says of his study’s findings,
'but what they do have is 'microtrash'
(a certain type of prepubescent adolescent stash)
— (from) kids spilling juice and pulverizing crackers. …
(if kids can then they mostly likely they would)
A lot of these minivans smell like food, even though they don’t have food in them.'
A lot of food is left on the floor and seats not in his or her tummy.
'Bears like toiletries, ' says Yosemite ranger Kari Cobb.
'Peach shampoo smells really yummy.'
So campers clean out your minivans to the tee and with no haste,
Before you travel the Yosemite and the Great Teton National Parks.
“The motivation to rip into a vehicle wafting potato-chip scent is strong.
Bears in Yosemite normally subsist on a diet of acorns, berries, grasses and herbs.
Why munch acorns when you can chow down on cookies,
-granola bars and even toothpaste?
Joe Rosochacki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (“Hey Mr. Ranger Sir, All that I Want is a Picnic Basket -Uhm, better make it a Minivan.” by Joe Rosochacki )
- Reason, Elia Michael
- Autumn again but, Nassy Fesharaki
- He Was Leaving, Neela Nath
- Symphony, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- The hunter's trap - By POET Yaser Nadeem.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- As passimist, hasmukh amathalal
- As golden, hasmukh amathalal
- without warning, with morning, Lucy Gray
- How to Pinda-Dana?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- We are neighbors, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)