Mark R Slaughter
Home in on ‘home’
For just a second:
Home in on ‘home, ’
Such blessed noun.
Home in on ‘home, ’
And sense the warming:
Home is the calm
That lays you down.
Home is a song
Home is a word
The burrow deep;
A feathered nest;
Somewhere to sleep;
Home is when
It draws the heart;
When you’re away:
Tear so moist
When you depart
In sorrow deep
On mournful day.
Yet home is joy -
Your castle grand:
Where king you be
In rule of land!
Where children play
Around your feet;
Give pride and joy;
Of sense replete.
Ah Home, you call -
I’ll be there soon
With merry tune…
Home in on ‘Home’
And pray, be pensive:
Home in on ‘Home, ’
Give open mind.
Home is more than
‘Tis loving family,
Dear and kind.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2009
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Home by Mark R Slaughter )
Did you read them?
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
- It Hurts When Your're Letting Go, Marvin Tordillos
- Where Is The Faith Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Were Never A No, Susan Lacovara
- Making change, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
- Illusion perpetuates., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)