Home Of Dreams
I live in a house of my own dreams
Every room in my home is filled with one
In these rooms, wonders and magic gleams
And sadness and its emptiness is gone.
Once these rooms in my home never existed
Then they were filled with sadness, lies and hate
But all those nightmares I happily resisted
Realizing happiness and dreaming is my true fate.
Now these rooms they are no longer dim
Nightmares and fright have all been ejected
Thoughts and hopes there, once were grim
Now wishing and fantasies is expected.
I was truly sad when the rooms were all empty
But now all the rooms in my home are full
Like colorful wallpaper they are my reality
And wherever I go, I alone rule.
In one room of my house I am a great writer
And in another room I am a Mathematician
Then in one room I am again a young fighter
And another room I am a old honest politician.
My home was once of sadness and regret
Dreams were dreamt, but they quickly died away
Those days are gone and them I did forget
Now in those rooms I laugh and live and love and play.
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Home Of Dreams by Randy McClave )
- Thief and poet, gajanan mishra
- Go on, Sweet Bird, and Soothe my Care, Robert Burns
- Second Epistle to J. Lapraik, Robert Burns
- The Soldier's Return: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- Epistle to Hugh Parker, Robert Burns
- Everlasting, Cee Bea
- Oh Daisy, Prophmatt . . .
- Versified Reply to an Invitation, Robert Burns
- Suppressed Stanzas of "The Vision&q.., Robert Burns
- mask, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Bright Star, John Keats
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)