HOMESICK AND NOSTALGIC FOREVER
Missing and longing for my motherland how I smart!
It feels like a swift current running in my heart.
Apparently like kites flying in the warm sunny sky,
But it's a rainy, windy night with storm to intensify!
The grief is immense, compassion for a firmament,
On that far-away native soil of love permanent.
I remember the still river, the old watering place,
The past paddy-fields in the moonlit wide space.
Dazed with melancholy, with memories lifelong,
Old friends, a time of joyful amusing singsong,
The green years' school roofs, the fresh stream,
The small path that forks to multiple sites to seem.
For them, for those, eternal yearning, endless plea,
Mine is like a big boat sail missing the vast sea.
The days have flown away with winds and dew
I feel as if a big mountain is blocking my view.
Always missing and longing for, without cease,
All my heart is forever righteous never to decrease.
The golden crane has not got back once flew away,
The white clouds are still over there, day after day!
Translation by THANH-THANH
Nhuan LeXuan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
To my brothers and old friends
Comments about this poem (HOMESICK AND NOSTALGIC FOREVER by Nhuan LeXuan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The nest of love, Jesus James Llorico
- Pappou Elia To My Father In Australia 1.., Elia Michael
- The God of Fallen Leaves, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Gallinule, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Appeasement, Stephanie Sharma
- Golden Boyhood, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Mysterious Beauty, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Complex Mind, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Twin stars, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Triangle Love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro