Emmanuel George Cefai (12th March 1955 / Victoria, Gozo)
How Weary The Night Trudges On
How weary the night trudges on
When summer with its heat
Reigns with its humid sweat
And restless loss of breath:
And slow, slow, slow
The sweat dropp drips, drips, drips.
How weary the night - how weary trudges on!
Emmanuel George Cefai's Other Poems
- ‘Fifty Days And More
- ‘the night is near, going these ways
- ‘Tis given us to roam the earth
- ‘Tis Hopeless Now I Know
- ‘What Did You Eat To-Day? ’
- ‘You are slow losing your teeth, ’ I sai...
- A Baffling Cloud Rode Over
- A Barge Mysterious In The Thick Of Night
- A Broken Heart
- A call from a cicada
- A Cemetery Of Desires
- A cherished song this night
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.