Alon Calinao Dy
I Am A Warrior
I am a warrior but sometimes I stumble and fall,
I have no riches and glory on earth, yet I swear
I'll be strong like my brother and sister
And I'll listen to their advice to avoid my downfall.
I thought friends are there for me when I need help,
But they all have left me when I am the one in need
I thought they're already part of the family's creed...
But it really hurts me the most 'cause I couldn't yelp.
Now I understand that I'm a fighting warrior
Though some of my friends have left me behind,
I'll never surrender, feel sorry for myself, and roar
Because life is much better if I'm forgiving and kind.
I'm a powerful warrior, for l face every challenge,
And I'll stop thinking of revenge
Though false humors are behind my back,
I'll never freak out because it's not the fact.
I've promised myself to be a warrior without a fierce,
I've learned to love God and people around me,
For a true warrior lives by a good example
And being loving is an act of God's grace.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am A Warrior by Alon Calinao Dy )
- Surya, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Three ceremonies, Aftab Alam
- A Flight, Amitava Sur
- Insulted poet, douglas scotney
- Like attracts like, gajanan mishra
- Toad of my Pocket, Kelly Zion
- On A Mountain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Village song, Tony Adah
- It is best, hasmukh amathalal
- World Of Poetry, Savita Tyagi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)