Alon Calinao Dy
I Am A Warrior
I am a warrior but sometimes I stumble and fall,
I have no riches and glory on earth, yet I swear
I'll be strong like my brother and sister
And I'll listen to their advice to avoid my downfall.
I thought friends are there for me when I need help,
But they all have left me when I am the one in need
I thought they're already part of the family's creed...
But it really hurts me the most 'cause I couldn't yelp.
Now I understand that I'm a fighting warrior
Though some of my friends have left me behind,
I'll never surrender, feel sorry for myself, and roar
Because life is much better if I'm forgiving and kind.
I'm a powerful warrior, for l face every challenge,
And I'll stop thinking of revenge
Though false humors are behind my back,
I'll never freak out because it's not the fact.
I've promised myself to be a warrior without a fierce,
I've learned to love God and people around me,
For a true warrior lives by a good example
And being loving is an act of God's grace.
Alon Calinao Dy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am A Warrior by Alon Calinao Dy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- True Love, Robert Penn Warren
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Last Horizon, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- i want to weigh the moon with you, Mandolyn ...
- Italian Birthday Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Most Published Poet, Tom Zart
- Fruitless love, Nero CaroZiv
- Misunderstood, Madrason writer
- Do what father says, Madrason writer
- Placid Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Verzetsstrijders, Madrason writer
- Weke vaders, Madrason writer