I Am Rain
I emerge from the slithering vague,
My weeps sprinkle placid droplets to the atmosphere,
And sometimes, I outburst like a bundle of plague,
All the way, I tinkle the saturating hemisphere.
My anger, symbolizes sparkling thunder when the god punishes me with his spike.
My roar, summons the worst out of my eyes, deluges the world with my cries.
My despair, surprises the underworld with a painful and destructive strike,
But worst of all, when I rumble my thousand eyes, everything on its path dies.
Don't overestimate my power, I cannot demand a strike to the level ground,
Don't underestimate my shower, it can release a misery where victims hound.
I am one who soaks my children with liquid, for their survival to give them a sip.
I am one who floods my other children to the sea, for the worst, I am insane.
I am one who shall be in prison and one who shall be mentioned for my heroic worship.
I am rain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Am Rain by Briana Renn )
- Her enchanted delight, Amgad Samy
- my glasses, Bull Hawking
- 64 and deaf, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- For every star that one see is the star .., Raymond Sawyer
- They came across a homeless-looking man, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- He Is A Clown, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Morally Corrupt, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- hey four eyes with the square tie, Jena Crowe
- Where there respect thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- 84 and couldn't speak English, Cyndi K. Gacosta
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)