I Crave To Die
Damned this life!
Damned this life!
Damned this life of pain and pine!
Better is Death a hundred times
Than this endless groan and whine!
I fumbled for a fragment of pleasure
To keep my relation-a faith bound treasure
Sacrified my being
My self-pleasing notion
Devoted my heart to faith profound
Felt and valued each emotion.
But all I sought is mounted sorrow
Haunting the heart every eve and morrow!
Laughing to scorn my faith profound
Rebuking my genius aching bound!
Sorrow is mounted at the heights
When close relation your feeling denies
But better silence than howl to sky
When ears are deaf to piercing cry!
'Tis better to turn
To the faithful companion
Who cures all pain
A Supreme physician!
Her pain of friction is still kind
Than endless aching fits of mind.
I welcome those pangs and pines
That bring to end all groans and whine!
I crave She might untie me of teather
That makes my heart ever pain and shiver!
I could lie on the beds of bier
She consume my pains in flaming pyre!
Vivek Tiwari's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Crave To Die by Vivek Tiwari )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 July 1875 – 22 February 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- what the black cat said to the misty flu.., cristobal Benjumea
- Cold, Mike Acker
- Silence is not peace, ramesh rai
- Honey its your last chance, cristobal Benjumea
- Related, gajanan mishra
- Best day, Diplove gautam
- Thankful For You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Ten Dozen Red Roses, Michael P. McParland
- Eyes of Genesis, Merton Lee
- Haiku Concert At Day Break, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes