I don't see him winning
He stutters and sings.
Pushing his nervous anxiety aside,
He takes the song in stride.
Feeling his Latino pride,
He's cut to size.
Knowing he's lost his chance to win.
He walks away, with thin skin.
Running next to be with his kin,
The challenge takes a spin.
Not being able to take criticism.
He's lost his rhythm.
With his victorious vision,
Maybe next time he'll listen.
And be given another chance to glisten.
I don't see him as the winner.
I wonder if he's just being used as a spinner.
To draw the attention of the audience,
Sometimes he sounds brilliant.
As the people sit and listen.
He does have talent.
I don't see him winning this challenge.
I just don't see him as the next American Idol.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I don't see him winning by Patricia Kelley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 5, 1934)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Einstein Defining Special Relativity, A. Van Jordan
- Snail I am, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Seurat, Ira Sadoff
- An Old Love, David Lewis Paget
- Social Awkwardness, Emily Liang
- Ode to My Hands, Tim Seibles
- Ode on My Episiotomy, Kimberly Johnson
- Teaghlach (Family), Ewen Morrison
- love so pure, love so true, kat tommany
- THE MIDDLE GROUND, Satish Verma