I don't see him winning
He stutters and sings.
Pushing his nervous anxiety aside,
He takes the song in stride.
Feeling his Latino pride,
He's cut to size.
Knowing he's lost his chance to win.
He walks away, with thin skin.
Running next to be with his kin,
The challenge takes a spin.
Not being able to take criticism.
He's lost his rhythm.
With his victorious vision,
Maybe next time he'll listen.
And be given another chance to glisten.
I don't see him as the winner.
I wonder if he's just being used as a spinner.
To draw the attention of the audience,
Sometimes he sounds brilliant.
As the people sit and listen.
He does have talent.
I don't see him winning this challenge.
I just don't see him as the next American Idol.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I don't see him winning by Patricia Kelley )
- Sara, Birgitta Heikka
- ZZ Ebola Seen In Light Of The 1976 Swine.., Saiom Shriver
- As a salesman, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Eyes Lock, Saiom Shriver
- Gods Will Be Watching, Kaio Clark
- Midnight Conversation in a Bar, Donal Mahoney
- Even eagles commit suicide, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rosie, Jacquie StewartHeimann
- Hurt me or I Lie, Antonio Liao
- In Spiritual Comfort, John Beaumont
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)