I don't see him winning
He stutters and sings.
Pushing his nervous anxiety aside,
He takes the song in stride.
Feeling his Latino pride,
He's cut to size.
Knowing he's lost his chance to win.
He walks away, with thin skin.
Running next to be with his kin,
The challenge takes a spin.
Not being able to take criticism.
He's lost his rhythm.
With his victorious vision,
Maybe next time he'll listen.
And be given another chance to glisten.
I don't see him as the winner.
I wonder if he's just being used as a spinner.
To draw the attention of the audience,
Sometimes he sounds brilliant.
As the people sit and listen.
He does have talent.
I don't see him winning this challenge.
I just don't see him as the next American Idol.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I don't see him winning by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Fairyland, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Babul ki Dua, Akhtar Jawad
- The Greatest Dream, Jyothirmia Uppu
- overleg, co the skipper
- Borders, ' Phony Scandals' and Burgers, Sandra Feldman
- Electric Love, Electric Lady
- No More Dear Daddy!, Jyothirmia Uppu
- Invited To Explore, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Only One Way That Can Be Interpreted, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- ANNE FRANK FANTASIZES, jack peachum