' I Lied...'
I was looking for love,
a second chance of love...
where I can be myself,
where I can devour life itself...
I have been seeking for love,
I have been waiting for my love...
wondering where he's going to appear,
wondering when he's going to come here...
And then...I found love!
for my love have finally found me...
I was so happy, I was in glee!
I felt that I was free!
'It was heaven in a glen, a life that I was always dream of with my Man...'
My soul has been freed!
My heart has been healed!
My life has been revived,
for my love has finally arrived!
I was so in love
I felt I was alive
Oh it was love! The love of my life!
For it was so strong, so full of life!
I thought it was for long
but I was totally wrong
for thinking he will finally be mine
for hoping we can live as one in time
Yes! I did find love
and yet I lost my love!
For his love is pure and alive,
and mine was not.
for it was tainted and defiled!
I failed and it was graved
I crumbled on my knees and wailed
I cried till my eyes were dried
and yet, I lied and said I'm alive
though, deep inside I know I have died
'And yet, I am willing to live and survive...'
I lied, I lied, I lied
I love him with all my life.
I love him with all my heart
'I will love him until my dying breath of Life...'
LoveLifeLen Altamar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' I Lied...' by LoveLifeLen Altamar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Down and Dirty, Buddy Bee Anthony
- I Never, Sergi Dutronc
- Love for everyone, Andy Sayasone
- Storage Unit Auction, Saiom Shriver
- Space Framed Beauty, Saiom Shriver
- Unhealthy Love, Sergi Dutronc
- Miracle Making, Saiom Shriver
- Purpose, Passion, Faith & Love, Tom Zart
- Death Or Life, Saiom Shriver
- Discovery, Phil Soar