I Lied About My Love For You
I said I didn’t love you,
It seemed easier to lie,
The hardest thing of all,
Was telling you goodbye.
I thought it would be best,
To ignore what’s in my heart,
But without you in my life,
My world will fall apart.
The truth is, I love you,
More than words can say,
I think about you all the time,
Every night and day.
But now you’ll never know,
Just how much I care,
And every night I’m wishing;
I’ll wake to find you there.
But there’s nothing I can do,
I blew it, now you’re gone,
You gave me all you’re love,
In return, I gave you none.
You were my first real love,
But I just couldn’t see,
Just how special you were,
How much you meant to me.
Now you’re gone I realise,
I loved you from the start,
I’ve only myself to blame,
For my lonely broken heart.
Gemma Nolan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Lied About My Love For You by Gemma Nolan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1923 - 1998)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Buy Me, My Love, Tom Navarro
- Words mean nothing, Angie Sous
- Not for his sake ليس من اجله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Final Destination, Tushar Ray
- Our city's curfew, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- No regrets, george albot
- CENTER YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- My balls, Nassy Fesharaki
- Transported in Place, Lawrence Beck
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise