Dear Grandad (R.I.P St. Patrick's Day 2005)
I love you Grandad,
But now it’s time to say bye,
Please don’t forget me,
Once you’ve flown high.
Have fun while you’re there,
Don’t miss me too much,
Please come and visit,
‘Cos I’ll miss your touch.
I’ll love you forever,
You already know,
You’ll still remain in my heart,
Though you have to go.
I want to say thanks,
You’ve always been there,
Even though you’ve now gone,
I can tell you still care.
You showed so much courage,
Though the pain was bad,
Just remember one thing;
I love you Grandad.
Gemma Nolan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dear Grandad (R.I.P St. Patrick's Day 2005) by Gemma Nolan )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
Udiah (witness to Yah)