Atsiylah Atty Garfinkel
I need a new heart
I need heart surgery, I think perhaps I must.
That's what you do when you've a broke part.
You go to the doctor to have it fixed or made new.
I'll have them cut open my chest and give me a heart.
If I budget I can pay off the surgery in a few years.
Then I will have love, compassion and all I used to.
After all this one is no good just sitting there broken.
And people keep saying to hurry up and get over you.
So I'll get a new heart, that's a grand idea.
After awhile it won't hurt so much, just a scar.
I'll be happy again, I'll laugh and smile again.
Perhaps I'll be at peace, just like they say you are.
Atsiylah Atty Garfinkel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I need a new heart by Atsiylah Atty Garfinkel )
- Sleep At The Wheel, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Home and Love, Aftab Alam
- Annihilation of trust, Aftab Alam
- Take My Things..., Mr. Nobody
- power of youth, maharshi trivedi
- Let the body die, why should I die?, Aftab Alam
- artist, maharshi trivedi
- life of indigent, maharshi trivedi
- I Freaking Hate Beer!, Mr. Nobody
- PROBLEM OF TODAY'S ERA, maharshi trivedi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(22 March 1941 -)