Atsiylah Atty Garfinkel
I need a new heart
I need heart surgery, I think perhaps I must.
That's what you do when you've a broke part.
You go to the doctor to have it fixed or made new.
I'll have them cut open my chest and give me a heart.
If I budget I can pay off the surgery in a few years.
Then I will have love, compassion and all I used to.
After all this one is no good just sitting there broken.
And people keep saying to hurry up and get over you.
So I'll get a new heart, that's a grand idea.
After awhile it won't hurt so much, just a scar.
I'll be happy again, I'll laugh and smile again.
Perhaps I'll be at peace, just like they say you are.
Atsiylah Atty Garfinkel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I need a new heart by Atsiylah Atty Garfinkel )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Mark Strand
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Cold, Mike Acker
- Silence is not peace, ramesh rai
- Honey its your last chance, cristobal Benjumea
- Related, gajanan mishra
- Best day, Diplove gautam
- Thankful For You KP, Michael P. McParland
- Ten Dozen Red Roses, Michael P. McParland
- Eyes of Genesis, Merton Lee
- Haiku Concert At Day Break, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Sending All My Love, Michael P. McParland