I Tell Myself
Tears tears down my face.
Gleam and shine so I pretend its a race.
Whichever one falls to the floor the fastest is the best. Just because it left.
Tired of all this stupid pain.
Did this mean anything to you or was I a game that you tested out but didn't like.
Why can't life be easy.
Why are their bumps in the road.
I dont want to take the hard way.
But some how the hard way became my way.
Why didnt I get a choice.This wasn't supposed to be hard get over.
I was never supposed to cry.
No one warned me that in the end I would want to die.
And tomorrow I have to plaster a smile on my face.
And for what cause?
Simply the fact that I don't want to cause any worry. Smooth out my shirt. Put on my belt.
Checking once and twice.
I hurry and I hurry. Making sure im secure and intact. Positive that I look uncracked. I move on.
No confidence in my steps but then again, there never was.
I seem to be an expert at this faking okay.
Like my usual self every sad feeling trying to pour loose.
Why couldn't we choose happy or sad? Good or bad?
This breakup trying to rip my heart.
I feel like you're stealing back all the happy that you gave me.
I tell my self to calm down.
I tell myself not to mourn the death of this short but meaningful relationship.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Tell Myself by Lillian Manning )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Bayard Taylor
(11 January 1825 – 19 December 1878)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
Poem of the Day
- Behind My Pain, Spiritwind Wood
- The History Will Hide…, Rajesh Thankappan
- I Cried, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Uncle Trevor's Justice to Travis, rohan bendre
- The Second Birth Of Tragedy, Leila Samarrai
- Y/.. A Restfull Mind, Aufie Zophy
- My bodyguard, Rob Spiering
- Green Shades Create a Meaning, Rohit Sapra
- Country Inn, Dr. Yogesh Sharma
- Mysterious guest., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..