I Won’t Back Down
How can I live my life
When you are constantly on my back
To the very point where I don’t even know
How to keep it on the right track.
You take from me what I need
To get what you desire
Even though without it
I might as well throw myself into the fire.
My heart is about to give in
I have barely any support
My life is slowly falling apart around me
Like a poorly guarded fort.
You make the needs that I have
Seem so much smaller than yours
They make me weak and hurt
They make me feel lower than the floors.
You tell me I have responsibilities
Though they are ones you had
When you had your own duties
And had plenty of help when you were sad.
It seems that my pleas for help
Cannot reach your ears
And even though you don’t care
My face is now full of tears.
I’m sorry for all I’ve done
But that doesn’t give you the right
To ignore my cries for help and ignore my needs
Because if you do be ready for a fight.
Dark Guardian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Won’t Back Down by Dark Guardian )
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)