I Won’t Back Down
How can I live my life
When you are constantly on my back
To the very point where I don’t even know
How to keep it on the right track.
You take from me what I need
To get what you desire
Even though without it
I might as well throw myself into the fire.
My heart is about to give in
I have barely any support
My life is slowly falling apart around me
Like a poorly guarded fort.
You make the needs that I have
Seem so much smaller than yours
They make me weak and hurt
They make me feel lower than the floors.
You tell me I have responsibilities
Though they are ones you had
When you had your own duties
And had plenty of help when you were sad.
It seems that my pleas for help
Cannot reach your ears
And even though you don’t care
My face is now full of tears.
I’m sorry for all I’ve done
But that doesn’t give you the right
To ignore my cries for help and ignore my needs
Because if you do be ready for a fight.
Dark Guardian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Won’t Back Down by Dark Guardian )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(03 April 1964)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(22 March 1941 -)
(18 November 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Happy Birthday stranger, ice johnson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
Poem of the Day
- Petits morceaux, Lubinda Lubinda
- For Edgar Allan Poe With All Gratitude..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It Takes Tears to..., Rodney R. Cooper
- It Takes Tears, Rodney R. Cooper
- My life, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Don't leave me cozied-up homely, Mark Heathcote
- If You Were Here Today, Serena Blackinton
- Uncle Trevor's Solution, rohan bendre
- Trapped Inside, Pamela Carroll
- Two Green Points: Art Print by Wassily K.., Frank Avon