If only I could just connect.
A hand maybe, a touch or a knee jolt.
Can't I just bump into him?
Maybe he can feel my warmth!
These emotions are so real.
I feel young and carefree.
I feel the feelings long lost.
Feelings that were only a dream.
The tension that builds up.
At the core of my heart.
When he responds to me.
My heart skips a beat and races!
Who am I to deserve thus?
Who am I really?
The one whose bones were sticking out.
Stuck together by a figment of the one.
Love grew when hope was given.
When encouragement was poured.
When care and compassion were shown.
Through actions and prayer!
Can I at least find my true love?
From a source so unlikely!
Hidden behind the clothes of duty to serve.
Passions to surpass all!
If only I can tell him.
He whom I love very much!
Who has shown me that love is kind and does not judge!
That there are still caring people in this world!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Only! by Flencirose Basera )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Poem of the Day
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...
- Open the floodgate.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- A Dream Of Death,, Luo Zhihai
- Feeling Your Spirit, Michael P. McParland
- Word, Birgitta Heikka
- Ganjaraja And His Associates/Ganjaraja W.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Royal Presidio Chapel, Monterey California, Steven Federle
- the apple of my I, Prophmatt . . .
- And Then There Was Love, Sandra Feldman
- Sigh, Erwick Brandon