Dr. Antony Theodore
If You Die Before Me
If you die before me
I would jump down into your grave
And hug you so innocently
That angels will become jealous.
I shall kiss you
And press your body against me.
I shall shiver in your presence
I shall sweat and dance with you
In the nether world.
We shall dance soft and then wild.
We shall dance together.
As one body.
Dance so long and fine like a poem
Until the Lords of the dark world faint.
Then you will be free and fly away
From me into the world of the heavens
Where angels shall kiss your sacred body
Then you need no space to live and breathe.
Into that world of purity you will go
And I will be here on earth
Dreaming of your joys with
The Heavenly spirits.
Shall I wait
Shall I wait at dusk and dawn
with such desire and passion
To reach you oneday
in your world of happiness.
Dr. Antony Theodore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If You Die Before Me by Dr. Antony Theodore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Puddles Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE MORE THAN WHAT W.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rembrandt, Phil Soar
- Margrit Biever Mondavi…..Happy Birthday .., James B. Earley
- Symbols Unremembered, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Restoration, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Lovely Fact, Naveed Akram
- Road to Black, Amateur Vagabond
- Her Unconditional Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Lead Me Into Light, Valerie Dohren