If you leave me
You may wipe my name out
From your heart, or feign-
Not to be mine, but be other's;
Yet I'll not blame, nor claim!
'Twas no less to my fate before.
But you must remain in heart
As clear as the Moon of days ago; -
As shining as the Venus, risen
In the dark skies of my soul-
To keep me ever upright sure.
I agree to show a pity smile
If ever you turn back to me;
My heart may break into bits
Or my eyes may shed tears
Yet, O you! let it be, let it be-
Ye, I must curve your face
On the shield of heart 'oft to see
Or, listen 'oft to your buzz eye
On those uneasy summer-days,
I'll be drowned into my tears.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If you leave me by Pijush Biswas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Poet And His Good Old Tree, Rites Ghosh
- The Very Last, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Time Passes, Ronald Chapman
- On Parting, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Country Chronicle, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Cinema, Nikola Vaptsarov
- Leap In The Dark, Roberta Hill Whiteman
- Butterflies, Ronald Chapman
- History, Nikola Vaptsarov
- The Mother, Nikola Vaptsarov