I can imagine your blessed innocence,
You muse and speculate in your imagination.
Ahh, what a relief to believe that I truly have a choice in this!
Your imagination gives me hope.
Your certainty strong,
Your judgment steadfast.
If I had your imagination, I could blush at my silliness
Give myself a swift kick and stern reproach.
They are just choices you know!
Here in the safety and innocence of your imagination.
Whence did that deviant despair blow back into my soul?
Now I’m feeling sad, a lightly sort of pout
Tuck me back in your steadfast imagination.
For my hope has run dry it seems it was only imaginary.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Imaginary Choices by sarah hughes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- From Dust To Dust, Neela Nath
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- The Sisters Jayne, Randy McClave
- DIVINE FAITH & COMPASSION, Tom Zart
- THEY NAMED ME A NAUGHTY BOY كانوا ينادون.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Night, Apurva Prabhudesai
- MOTHER EARTH SANCTUARY CAFÉ, Suzae Chevalier
- Blazing Temples, Buxton Shippy
- Why Haven't You Spoken Yet, Jake?, Maung Khett Seinn
- snow person, lee fones