Rafael Marco Balbin
What if nobody was abandoned?
And what if the knowledge was absorbed?
We could live without remorse,
We could love with the feelings expose.
If everyone tried and nobody cried,
If everyone who denied swallows their pride,
If nobody lied and we're all glorified,
Then, we'll be tied up and satisfied.
Look at the world where we live in,
most of us live with a sinister skin.
But there will be light, it will gleam.
In the stray of hope, we'll work as a team.
What If everyone loved their adversary?
Then, we'll live altogether so happily.
What If they were united like you and me?
Then, Imagine what our world could be.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
It's about things we need to realize. People make changes in our world. Yes, change is constant; but changing is also our fault. It's because of our own misdeeds. As we can see, changes may be positive and negative, but negative things become more dominant than the good things. Let's go back to the reality. Please.
Comments about this poem (Imagine by Rafael Marco Balbin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Shipping Container, Marshall Gass
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer