Ruben Dario (January 18, 1867 - February 6, 1916 / Metapa)
I know there are those who ask: Why does he not
sing with the same wild harmonies as before?
But they have not seen the labors of an hour
the work of a minute, the prodigies of a year.
I am an aged tree that, when I was growing.
uttered a vague, sweet sound when the breeze caressed me.
The time for youthful smiles has now passed by:
now, let the hurricane swirl my heart to song!
Ruben Dario's Other Poems
- ¡Torres de Dios Poetas! (With English Tr...
- A Margarita Debayle (To Margarita Debayl...
- A Roosevelt
- Autumnal (With English Translation)
- Cancion de Otoño en Primavera (Song of A...
- Canto de Esperanza (With English Transla...
- Cantos de Vida y Esperanza
- Caracol (A Shell)
- En la muerte de un poeta (With English T...
- Far Away
- Gaita Galaica (Bagpipes of Spain)
- In Autumn
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.