Lawrence S. Pertillar
In Fear To Hear Or Face Reality
Making choices with decisions made,
Including faith and truth that's faced...
Seldom leaves one regretting this action done.
Some people in most cases...
Fear to hear or face the truth.
With a searching to find creative time,
To make acceptable excuses to ease their minds.
'What should I do?
Help me stop it.
You've got to help me stop it.'
What's the problem? ~
'I am being bombarded with too much of it.'
Bombarded by too much of what? ~
'I can't take it anymore.
The hearing of truth I can no longer ignore.
There is a conspiracy I tell you.
And I don't want to hear it
I want it away from my front door.'
~Calm down. No problem.
We've 'just' got a fresh shipment in of delusions.
We've got plenty of it and expecting more.~
'What a relief.
Don't you think two cases will last me through the week? '
~Someone in your condition I would recommended four.~
'I'll take FIVE!
Thank you. Thank you.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Fear To Hear Or Face Reality by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Quite same, hasmukh amathalal
- Lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Exquisite Thing, Mark R. Elias
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)