In Your Prayers
When I’m beside myself with grief
Around me looms a dark mass
You though pray for my ache’s relief
My bones are pieces of broken glass!
When you see my torrents of grief
Around me the world makes no sense
You though pray for my pain’s relief
My eyes pour in unstoppable rains!
When you find me in benumbed grief
Around me stops the worldly rush
You though pray for my agony’s relief
My heart finds in living no purpose!
My bones are now broken pieces of glass
My frame one wind blown leaf
My eyes a torrent of deluged river’s gush
In your prayers though you seek my relief!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Your Prayers by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Cinderella. Cendrillon., mary douglas
- The Silent Rebel (baby!), Fie KroC
- The Book Tree Forest, mary douglas
- My Grandfather in Broadmoor, Little Rock.., mary douglas
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, Monk E. Biz
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi