India's Horse Race
Hurricanes don't power our wind mills of change.
Typhoons don't till our landscapes of hate.
Tsunamis look good only on internets g spot, when they hit you
You are not the survivor to see it on the tube.
We don't want policies, does not matter the color of the paper,
They have always failed because of the color of your character.
The symbols are all divorced from the ethos all of you aspire,
Greed for money, power, is all that you respire.
Let the people win for once.
Let the calm of their silence, and the depth of their patience edge,
Be the stone of your experiment.
Let Elections be a matter of choice, not a matter of terrible choice,
Pick good humans; don't look at horses, because you are not at the Derby
And we are not in your stables, mares prime and old,
Lined up to allow your stallions to mount and goad,
And breed for you an impeccable line of
Pure breed Black to continue the superlative brand
Democracy's Pussy Cat.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (India's Horse Race by Hardik Vaidya )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 February 1970-)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Carpe Diem, Naveed Khalid
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Tumhe main Peyar Nehi de, Kumar Vishwas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- The PH Forum Ru-Ku Trifecta..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- You Never Know, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Real Fruit, Nash Thomas
- Promise And Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan