In one single word, I have to define.
It is not easy, but to strive is my kind.
To give up, is not in my blood,
To rest on my haunches is not what gives me trust.
Trust not in you, but in me,
I was not born for anyone but me.
I am always nude, and never ashamed,
I wear clothes because I like playing the game.
I have been born to ask question, and questions.
And my questions are asked to me by me.
I answer them every single moment, non hesitantly.
I never runaway, I face, I stand and I look them in their eye,
And I give them back, in truth, or surrender to their might.
My heritage is a question, my life is a question, my civilisation is a question.
If a question was never invented, you would never be reading this poem.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (My Heritage by Hardik Vaidya )
- Thando unjani, senzokhaya umhayi
- Sweet And Lovely Words, Edward Kofi Louis
- Engimthadayo, senzokhaya umhayi
- Underground Poet, senzokhaya umhayi
- Le Mfihlo yethu, senzokhaya umhayi
- chat up, lee fones
- Imizwa kaMakhwapheni, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngivumele ngihambe, senzokhaya umhayi
- Into The Pocket, Edward Kofi Louis
- Umhayele Izinkondlo ezimnandi, senzokhaya umhayi