Demons they are,
Your inner demons.
Destruction they love,
For all the wrong reasons.
Feed, feed....they always feed,
They feed on your weaknesses,
They eat, they feed like
Maggots do on forgotten human carcasses.
They have no shame, they have no pity,
They rue not, they repent not,
They brazenly stare you in the face
And make sure that your very soul would rot.
They bring you down....
You topple like a ship in an ocean;
Oh, how mighty they are!
I wish they heeded the heart's adjuration.
But there is one that fights them back;
She is like that dark exotic goddess!
Who says that, 'you, I shall hack'!
She suffers their blows,
She braves their taunts,
But she'll fight, she'll fight-
For them- who the demons daunt,
She is persistent, evil-resistent,
She won't back down;
She'll fight, she'll fight until
The demons look like clowns!
I know you've guessed her name-
Her name is Conscience!
She is brave, she is mighty,
And she defeats all resistance.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inner Demons by suchi banerjee )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini