Love It Is
Love is a two faced Janus;
It marks the beginning and end of conflict.
It heeds no power, knows no obstacle,
Its natural course, you cannot restrict.
Its strange how love never shows itself,
Just when you're sure of its absence,
Disillusionment takes you over;
You see you cannot erase its presence.
Its always there, its everywhere,
Inside, outside, all around.
People deny it, try to go without it
But in life does love forever abound.
It surpasses time, It surpasses lives,
A connection once made, cannot be lost;
It somehow holds together...somehow does-
Its a link that destiny keeps at any cost.
It has no name, it has no form,
Typifying it is so very wrong;
Humans don't understand cosmic realities
But how does one keep track of time so long?
Love defines our lives, love defines our existence;
We are such fools, we don't realise
That attraction is recognition
And our will, ineffective, like in a game of dice.
So wherever we go, whatever we do,
No matter how much we make a fuss,
Somehow somewhere, without our knowing-
Love, my friends, will certainly find us.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love It Is by suchi banerjee )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Poem of the Day
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett