suchi banerjee Poems
- Betray I Will. Betrayal! Is it bad? I thought its a way of ...
- Summer Within Seasons come and seasons go; Come again and ...
- Love It Is Love is a two faced Janus; It marks the ...
- Pain Amiga Pain... Ah, isn't she strange? Bold and ...
- Inner Demons Demons they are, Your inner ...
- Possessed I I'm so tired, i cannot dance anymore; Now that...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about suchi banerjee
Betray I Will.
Betrayal! Is it bad?
I thought its a way of life.
My name is woman and to me-
Betrayal no longer cuts like a knife;
For betrayed I was ever since God created mankind;
Betrayed I was when I was reduced to
Nothing more than post-war booty,
Meant to be plundered,
War spoils, nothing more.
Betrayed I was when I was killed in my mother's womb,
Meant to be unwanted-
An inconvenience, nothing more.
Betrayed I was when I wasn't allowed to study
As much as my brothers,
Meant to know my place, oh yes!
A liability, nothing more.
Betrayed I was ...