It Has To Be
I know it can not be easy being you,
having to be so perfect,
looking down your noses at me.
It can not be easy
having to walk on eggshells
having to take care in the words you say.
Having to be the one that does no wrong,
having to be the queen bee of all the show's.
It can not be easy being you,
having to change you clothes 2 times a day
and making your shoes match your hair.
Having to have that knowing look
of I'm so much better than you can bear.
It has to be hard for you I think,
to have to be so clued up,
to have to eat that green milkshake,
to have to be the same old weight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Has To Be by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- rivers arms around me, Mandolyn Davidson
- i'm homesick for you, Mandolyn Davidson
- Spread Love Like VD?, LUVinThe NOW
- The Revelation Of The Brahman, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Lord, Lord, Jared Hirsch
- My Satan, Jared Hirsch
- Shakespeare, Nassy Fesharaki
- Blood of Gaza, Akhtar Jawad
- Small is no less than the big, Dr.Rajendra Tela,Nirantar
- Seed of Lemuria, Cynthia McCoy