*It’s a Mad(off) , Mad(off) , Mad(off) , Mad(off) World Part Deux*
It’s rather amazing that the ostentatious behavior of Bernie Madoff comes into the court.
Bernie would leave thousands aside destitute while his lawyers did a pre-emptive retort.
Bernie had built a multi-level Ponzi scheme for more than a decade,
- and now he had to pay the piper for his dance.
He is afraid,
That he could possibly live out his life in an 8 foot 12 foot cell.
If he had been born quite earlier, around 1700’s, in Paris,
-then he would face the Guillotine by the masses in France.
Was this a terrible mistake?
Or would he say, “If the peasants have no bread then let them eat cake.”
65 billion US dollars, about 45 billion Euros, lost-where?
Into thin air?
People committed suicide after they ‘lost’ the money that they have entrusted to Bernie.
Bernie’s home is doing alright; his wife has their penthouse in Manhattan,
Whatever fortunes he had, he laundered away for his wife and sons to bequeath.
According to the actuaries Bernie has only 12.5 years of life on the earth,
-that why his lawyers suggested his jail time be limited to twelve years.
Bernie is attempting to rig his sentence through his lawyers.
The court system should abide by Bernie’s math,
Bernie promised a 12-15 % return at least to his investors,
He lied spinning a web of vaguer truths and grandiose dreams of a sort.
The court should give him the same treatment,
The court should give him what he wants plus interest, in years.
If he serves a year then the second ‘year’ should be 14-15 months,
Then the third ‘year’ would be 15-18 months, and so forth,
-until he finishes his twelve ‘year’ which would be about 50+ calendar years.
So much for pre-emptive retort. Judiciary at it's best,
Compound Interest at its finest.
Joe Rosochacki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*It’s a Mad(off) , Mad(off) , Mad(off) , Mad(off) World Part Deux* by Joe Rosochacki )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(June 27, 1936 - February 13, 2010)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
Poem of the Day
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra