Krishna's powerful principle of positive action
Has been polluted as a 'karma cola' of misty fiction
It is scientific law of cause and effect applied to human life
Value based dispassionate action is 'Bhagwad Geeta's key injunction.
By extending it to a series of birth and rebirth
It has robbed it of punch and urgency of present action
Karma cola has de-humanized us and damned millions of unfortunates by their very birth
Call it casteism or racialism or indifference to people trapped in poverty and adverse social condition.
We are good and virtues merely to add 'Punya' for the next life
Too much involved in our own' Karmic' balance sheet
Impervious to collective injustice and strife
It is all right for us to be indifferent to human suffering, dust and heat!
But Krishna had advised collective 'Karmic' result and action to rectify
Removing injustice and 'Adharma' here - now was his war cry
So was Gandhi's or any prophet's collective vision
True 'Karmayoga' includes all humans in work for a common mission.
TD. Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Karma Cola by TD. Kumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- In Celebration, Mark Strand
- Coming to This, Mark Strand
- "The Dreadful Has Already Happened&.., Mark Strand
- Sing Into The Wind, Margaret Alice Second
- Things are where they should be, Robert Steven Martin
- Preference her own, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Strictly Cosmic, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- children, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- White ant, gajanan mishra
- Time Not Wasted, Hasan Haskovic