Kind Of Like A Song For Him
A thousand words would never reach you
you never hear a words I say
I try so hard but all I seem to do
is keep on pushing you away.
No-one would understand how I try
and the tears that I cry
and how every time I think about you I want to die.
But you know that I love you
you know that I tried
you know I wanted to be with you
you know it made me cry.
And you know I broke down
you know I'm not strong
I know you think it's all a lie
and I want to prove you wrong.
So tell me how can I be
when you're not by my side
and how will I know it wasn't meant to happen
'cos you know I tried.
Now I know that this won't change a thing
my parents thought it was just a fling
but every time I think about you
all I can hear is the voice I turned to.
You mean everything to me
baby if only you could see
that I have to let you go
'cos you don't love me anymore.
Amy Edson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kind Of Like A Song For Him by Amy Edson )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- it's no surprise i'm weeping, just a lit.., Mandolyn ...
- Culmination, Angell Afinowi
- A Flowers Telling of Orpheus, Skyler Ryan
- West, GRANT FRASER
- Hurricane Kaitlyn, Bernard Snyder
- Old Breath, GRANT FRASER
- Saints Rising, George Egba
- Hiroshima., Tony Adah
- Sun Exposed, Prasad Natarajan
- Libra Scale, Kewayne Wadley