Kind Of Like A Song For Him
A thousand words would never reach you
you never hear a words I say
I try so hard but all I seem to do
is keep on pushing you away.
No-one would understand how I try
and the tears that I cry
and how every time I think about you I want to die.
But you know that I love you
you know that I tried
you know I wanted to be with you
you know it made me cry.
And you know I broke down
you know I'm not strong
I know you think it's all a lie
and I want to prove you wrong.
So tell me how can I be
when you're not by my side
and how will I know it wasn't meant to happen
'cos you know I tried.
Now I know that this won't change a thing
my parents thought it was just a fling
but every time I think about you
all I can hear is the voice I turned to.
You mean everything to me
baby if only you could see
that I have to let you go
'cos you don't love me anymore.
Amy Edson's Other Poems
Topic(s): love hurts
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kind Of Like A Song For Him by Amy Edson )
- HEATH THE IMPERSONATOR, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Forgive or Forget, Deanna Gorton
- HATS OFF TO DR. CAMERON AND JOANN, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Day By Day With God Make My Way (Sonneti.., Dorian Petersen Potter
- HAROLD'S COFFEE LOUNGE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- The Al-Mighty God, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- He Send Us (Nonet), Dorian Petersen Potter
- ANGELS ARE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ANGELICA HUSTON, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Batman And Robin (Limerick), Dorian Petersen Potter
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)