Kind Of Like A Song For Him
A thousand words would never reach you
you never hear a words I say
I try so hard but all I seem to do
is keep on pushing you away.
No-one would understand how I try
and the tears that I cry
and how every time I think about you I want to die.
But you know that I love you
you know that I tried
you know I wanted to be with you
you know it made me cry.
And you know I broke down
you know I'm not strong
I know you think it's all a lie
and I want to prove you wrong.
So tell me how can I be
when you're not by my side
and how will I know it wasn't meant to happen
'cos you know I tried.
Now I know that this won't change a thing
my parents thought it was just a fling
but every time I think about you
all I can hear is the voice I turned to.
You mean everything to me
baby if only you could see
that I have to let you go
'cos you don't love me anymore.
Topic(s): love hurts
Amy Edson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kind Of Like A Song For Him by Amy Edson )
- We fall....TO RISE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- LOSS....MANY, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Alchemies, Aleda Shirley
- LAST SONG, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- ETERNAL LOVE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- April 15th, Aleda Shirley
- I can FOCUS, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Defining myself, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- A doggerel coin!, Sreeram Vasudevan
- THE COME BACK., Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)