KINGS? OR PINS?
Steadily it crept from the helm...
And seeped unabated down the arteries to the heart of our very existence
A thumb stuck out, a tongue run riot...
The incandescence of our moral bulb faded slowly, the once illuminating crescent now shone so dimly..
Perhaps they were right, when the labelled our tenements as dark
With just whispers and gasps we will lose the fight...then our sordid temparement would be striped stark
An industrious course we did chart, but alas! Pretentious kings tainted with hypocrisy pulled our prosperity away in their malicious carts.
These supposed men proved to be that dart that pierced the heart and cut short the perfect start that Sumanguru and Mansa Musa did on our lands impart
From the silicon valleys of Kinshasa to the arid terrains of the sahara...the treasures of the land are buried ever so deeper
Greed personified, leaps through cabinets and plush palaces..leaving the people mystified, and himself? Virtually deified
Humility and sanctity sacrosanctly petrified..
Chicanery and institutionalised pilfering perfectly justified..
If the shepherds ignore the herds because they have lost their heads...
Then alas the thin thread of justice on which we tread will indeed be torn to shreds.
Why should they take cognisance as the heads of our states?
They don’t seem to have heard anything of our denigrating states..
The state of penury in which they put us..
Whilst sipping small stout with our income tax.
The state of dreary drudgery and smothering slavery
They flaunt at our expense... after stealing our consciences on the podium of pretence..
To these caricatures we lend credence...
Oh! What nonsense! ! !
delalorm fiaka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (KINGS? OR PINS? by delalorm fiaka )
- Cambridge -Seat of Learning., Geoffrey Fafard
- Disharmony......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Time Is Not Staying In Place, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love In The Guise Of Friendship, Robert Burns
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)