'Kitty In My Pillowcase'
Put my kitty in my pillows pillowcase
in oder to take him for his shots.
I tied the end of his cotton room
in a big, but fancy pillowcase knot.
He screamed an howled all the way
I tired to comfort him, but all would not
then I realized what all the fuss was about
I had gotten kitty's tail tied within the knot!
I told him, 'I'm sorry little kitty',
as I held and rocked him in my arms.
I didn't mean to make you angry
or cause your little tail any harm.
Then the vet pulled out his needle
stuck it in my kitty's little backside.
Kitty looked at me with watery eyes so big
and went back into my pillowcase to hide.
Now my Kitty won't come out for anything
I feed him in the pillowcase, he has made his home.
Now I have to sleep with my head in bed
on Kitty instead of my pillow filled with foam.
Linda Winchell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Kitty In My Pillowcase' by Linda Winchell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...
- Godwin's Farm, Naveed Khalid
- The Neighbor Prayer, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- Diplomacy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK