La Belle Sultane (beaten to a pulp by dark purple flowers)
She was a stranger to me as we both sat down on the busbench
It was 'La Belle Sultane' she blurted without looking right at me
'what' I asked?
'Flowers' she replied, 'right before the thunder and lightning'
Were se deranged? she wore cleaner clothes i dont suppose
Then i saw the bruised shoulder and her back
Another small one above her eye
'What happened? ' i risked.
'Defiled, reviled, exiled', she retorted.
'He brought me flowers La Belle Sultrane pretty purple flowers'
'but he beat you' i dared to point out, there could be no doubt
'yes' and her minds eye wandered
Again i gazed at her
Now a long long silence
I digested she had been peppered by violence
'I was beaten last nite by mr flowers'
She and I boarded the bus
She was not unattractive slightly torn stocking
A silent pleasure to watch her walking
Or was she just the victim of a stalking?
'did u care for him? (why do they always befriend me?)
(why did i ask that~~~~~SOO Stooooopid sometimes)
An old black man boards and stares at her accusingly
I have to know now so i ask 'did u love him? '
'I still do' she turns and looks right into my eyes
Her soft powder blue eyes make me swim
'why' i ask in a very small voice
'Because' 'he always brings me flowers'
Her crooked smile, her straight clean teeth, her nice fingernails
How did she become the damaged entrails?
La Belle Sultrane- i had studied Latin- The beautiful devil?
I bet that is exactly what he is- a beautiful devil
That night i dream of Fiona
She and I dress up and she performs a deranged ballet
She smells like jasmine and kisses my cheek and ear
We both slow dance and the music is romantic and soft as we waltz
I in Armani and she in Valentino red silk gown
In our mutual adoration will we drown
I awaken~ Was the girl real? I have never ridden the bus
La Belle Sultane- proof that i hallucinate
Or was it all real? I have never ridden the bus
La Belle Sultane- what is Sane?
BEAU GOLDEN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (La Belle Sultane (beaten to a pulp by dark purple flowers) by BEAU GOLDEN )
- Wiles, Edward Kofi Louis
- FLIGHT OF ECSTASY, Donald R Charon
- dream and dreamer, binod bastola
- Sound And Silence, Edward Kofi Louis
- We are superior to all, Aftab Alam
- Love Deity, Aftab Alam
- Your Love Affairs With Nature, Edward Kofi Louis
- With love affairs, hasmukh amathalal
- Countries and Regimes, Ananta Madhavan
- It was a sleepless night never forgotten, Bashyam Narayanan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- They Ask Me for Verses!, Jose Rizal
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(November 9 - 1937)