BEAU GOLDEN (1565 / Earth, USA, California, Los Angeles, Van Nuys, Balboa blvd)
Autumn - Life and Death Surround Us! (my personal fave)
I walk in the park and I hold my breath
We are always surrounded by life and death
Old old men playing bowls on the lawn
Tiny little children float boats on a pond
A cat carries a now dead mouse in his teeth
A lady pushes a carriage with a baby beneath
Life and death surround us in the days we rehearse
Change is the constant in the universe
Trees without leaves may soon decompose
We witness the blossom of a newborn rose
Once my father got a boat and we sailed
Last month he died as his kidneys failed
My best friend I've known since almost age one
Last month gave birth to his first son
A dead fish floats to the top of a wave
Pawbearers carry a casket to the grave
We find suicide and salvation at the end of a knife
Crying heralds the end and beginning of a life
A robin feeds her babies with the food she has found
But she'll never feed the baby that fell out and hit the ground
I walk in the park reborn with each sweet sound
As life and death constantly surround
Poet Other Poems
- 27 and gone to heaven
- A Handsome Man Sits on Her Couch
- A Little Boy Wrote a Rhyme
- A Little Fawn Dances Through a Meadow Ba...
- A Sandcastle Waits for Your Return
- A Teardropp Too Heavy
- Absence of Color When We Dream
- Absence of Color When We Dream (Sequel)
- And I Kissed All of Their Cheeks
- Another Child Moves On
- Ars Gratia Denero vs Art for the Sake of...
- Autumn - Life and Death Surround Us! (m...
- Battle to the Death over Groceries and T...
- Be Gone Yvonne
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.