La Douleur Exquise
It is amazing how love is a sweet absurdity
I know that,
To walk in the land of the forbidden is crazy
But why not be?
A glass of wine could be! ?
You and me
And that misery
It's only daydreaming of otherworldly
Of vague soul and shapeless body
Of someone I think walked by me
Left her perfume over the scattered study
That is covered with the spilled cold coffee
And I found myself smiling, suddenly!
Tell me that love is no absurdity! ! ! ? ?
Lost in the reverie
Of a shapeless beauty!
But it seems La Douleur Exquise, simply!
There is no perfume...
A nostalgic smell of my great love and my archenemy!
Now that fantasy...
Of shapeless beauty...
And these moments that took me...
Are mere memories.
Ain't love is an absolute absurdity?
Mohamed Amer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (La Douleur Exquise by Mohamed Amer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Merry Christmas My Love, Michael P. McParland
Poem of the Day
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Christmas Tree, Zoila T. Flores
- I Did Not Ask Him, But Said He, I Am A M.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- An Umbrella, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Cloudless Rain, Aftab Alam