LEANN CALLED ME SUZY Q
Quietly walking down the through the cells
looking for a cell before someone woke up to yell.
Luckily everyone was sound asleep except LeAnn
she was happy to see me and gave me a hand.
She helped me get my sheets on my bunk bed
I was at the top, afraid I would hit my head.
No worries I was happy she was near
she told me to “cover my ass” she was sincere.
She knew the lady that got me in there
was more than “crazy” and insincere.
She told me how proud she was of her son
he was a great worker his life had just begun.
She showed me her leg metal running up to her knee
I touched and felt bad, she had lost jobs
and stole for she was starving.
Too bad the planet has not figured out a way
to help starving people without putting them away.
Written by SC Chevalier on March 27,2013
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (LEANN CALLED ME SUZY Q by SQC Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...
- Journey of imaginable stress!, Marshall Gass
- the fishermen on the wharf, Marshall Gass