LEANN CALLED ME SUZY Q
Quietly walking down the through the cells
looking for a cell before someone woke up to yell.
Luckily everyone was sound asleep except LeAnn
she was happy to see me and gave me a hand.
She helped me get my sheets on my bunk bed
I was at the top, afraid I would hit my head.
No worries I was happy she was near
she told me to “cover my ass” she was sincere.
She knew the lady that got me in there
was more than “crazy” and insincere.
She told me how proud she was of her son
he was a great worker his life had just begun.
She showed me her leg metal running up to her knee
I touched and felt bad, she had lost jobs
and stole for she was starving.
Too bad the planet has not figured out a way
to help starving people without putting them away.
Written by SC Chevalier on March 27,2013
SQC Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (LEANN CALLED ME SUZY Q by SQC Chevalier )
- Income, Harold R Hunt Sr
- I Walk, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Mighty Boxers., Harold R Hunt Sr
- SO MANY TIMES, Roberto Randazzo
- INVISIBLE LETTER, Roberto Randazzo
- HAVE YOU EVER, Roberto Randazzo
- If I were a poet, Cee Bea
- walking free in chains...., Marshall Gass
- Lockdown, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Difficult Poem, Marshall Gass
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
Harold R Hunt Sr
(Jan 14 1954)