Leaves of Change
Signs of spring.
With it, warm rains does it bring.
New growth, new leaves on trees.
Different shapes and sizes, subtle greens.
A forest of leaves, wonders to be seen.
Through mid summers warmth, provide shelter, shade from the sun.
Wind through the trees, leaves move with each breeze.
Cleans the air we breathe.
In time, the cool winds of fall return.
With it, the vibrant yellows, oranges, reds, golden browns, across the light blue sky.
Reflections cast across the surface of the water.
Like an artists' canvas full of paint, signs of fall.
With falls cold air, frost after frost, natures touch.
In time the colors, soon to fade away.
Leaves fall gently to the ground, a layer of leaves to cover, nourish the ground.
Fall upon the water, travel to and fro.
Tree limbs barren until the return of springs warm rains.
For once again new growth of leaves fill the trees.
Signs of spring
Alvin Schaut's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaves of Change by Alvin Schaut )
- Conversation between Two Dead Bodies, Md. Ziaul Haque
- This World is Full of Beauty, Gerald Massey
- Let's Get Wet in Moonlight, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Inner Sacrifice, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Tribute to a Writer, Md. Ziaul Haque
- For Touching You Once, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Be Mine Forever, Md. Ziaul Haque
- It's a Beautiful World, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Beauty, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Divorce, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- My Retreat, Jose Rizal
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(4 February 1900 – 11 April 1977)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)