Leaves of Change
Signs of spring.
With it, warm rains does it bring.
New growth, new leaves on trees.
Different shapes and sizes, subtle greens.
A forest of leaves, wonders to be seen.
Through mid summers warmth, provide shelter, shade from the sun.
Wind through the trees, leaves move with each breeze.
Cleans the air we breathe.
In time, the cool winds of fall return.
With it, the vibrant yellows, oranges, reds, golden browns, across the light blue sky.
Reflections cast across the surface of the water.
Like an artists' canvas full of paint, signs of fall.
With falls cold air, frost after frost, natures touch.
In time the colors, soon to fade away.
Leaves fall gently to the ground, a layer of leaves to cover, nourish the ground.
Fall upon the water, travel to and fro.
Tree limbs barren until the return of springs warm rains.
For once again new growth of leaves fill the trees.
Signs of spring
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaves of Change by Alvin Schaut )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Change, Sandra Feldman
- Bengal Tiger in Trouble, rohan bendre
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu