Leaves of Change
Signs of spring.
With it, warm rains does it bring.
New growth, new leaves on trees.
Different shapes and sizes, subtle greens.
A forest of leaves, wonders to be seen.
Through mid summers warmth, provide shelter, shade from the sun.
Wind through the trees, leaves move with each breeze.
Cleans the air we breathe.
In time, the cool winds of fall return.
With it, the vibrant yellows, oranges, reds, golden browns, across the light blue sky.
Reflections cast across the surface of the water.
Like an artists' canvas full of paint, signs of fall.
With falls cold air, frost after frost, natures touch.
In time the colors, soon to fade away.
Leaves fall gently to the ground, a layer of leaves to cover, nourish the ground.
Fall upon the water, travel to and fro.
Tree limbs barren until the return of springs warm rains.
For once again new growth of leaves fill the trees.
Signs of spring
Alvin Schaut's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaves of Change by Alvin Schaut )
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
- Love's Victory, Kusum Gokarn
- Even The Moon Is Not Alone, Hanna Litantra
- Safe vault, hasmukh amathalal
- He Keeps The Stencils Of The Living Day, mary douglas
- Poets, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Fallacy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Adam(ant), Pradip Chattopadhyay
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)