Leaving a Mark on Life
I keep my eye on the sky because I want to aim high.
I don’t just let life pass me by.
I want to make my mark before I leave.
I want to give people something to read
Maybe some will see that I gave them a small piece of my life and they too will do the same.
Lend a helping hand or open a door or two.
It’s the small things that help you make it through. Leaving your mark is not that easy to do because nice people often finish last.
However, it’s the nice people that get to have a blast, so leave your mark but leave it with grace and care because you don’t want to leave something that others will have burdens to bare.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving a Mark on Life by Jaclyn Brantley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush
- a light bulb flickers in my dreams, Mandolyn ...
- कर्म ही अब धर्म जहाँ..., Sandhya Jane