Lenny Bruce(45) , John Belushi (33) , Chris Farley (33) , Mitch Hedburg (37) and Greg Giraldo (44) , Oh My! or The Last Comic Dying
What torments the mind of a comic?
Is it the hypocrisy in life?
Or is it life's sometimes oxymoronic paradoxical existence?
Were they physically and mentally sick?
Or they have more strife
than you and I?
Is their constant traveling on the road,
cheap hotel rooms
and the hookers
and the dope
and alcohol ever present,
They made us laugh outside when they were weeping on the inside,
'The show must go on', 'Break a leg',
- until they died.
True musicians, writers, painters, actors and comedians,
-they are all quite the same,
But who is to blame?
Society, culture, mass media, it is very complex.
What fame takes away, is this form a cruel hex?
They are too many questions for one to ask.
So it is befitting that their life could be summarized in the comedy/tragedy theater mask.
Joe Rosochacki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lenny Bruce(45) , John Belushi (33) , Chris Farley (33) , Mitch Hedburg (37) and Greg Giraldo (44) , Oh My! or The Last Comic Dying by Joe Rosochacki )
- Thief, Pijush Biswas
- I Am playing, gajanan mishra
- Everyday Is a TEST, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- One Of These Pure Days, Naveed Akram
- Deepavali, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Psalm CVII, Henry Ainsworth
- Even in strife, hasmukh amathalal
- ! DESECRATED POEMS/FLOATING HYPERLINK IN.., Alice Vedral Rivera
- In the midst of ruin there is reparation, Mark Heathcote
- Psalm XXIII, Henry Ainsworth
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)