Let my mind flourish in great memories as I escape into a world I once lived in.
let my mind be neurished in the thoughts of my own past...
When my loved ones still lived,
when my dreams seamed real...
I crave for those days when my mornings were bright
when this house was warm.
Now the wind blows,
blows up the dust that fades eventually
Curtains are torn,
windows are broken
But the bond we had still stands
Firm like a pillar that holds a castle
In my heart you still live!
A thought of you keeps the flow of my blood...
your teachings keep me standing,
still like a concrete built from a dug foundation
I'll wait for the day we will meet again,
In the Land our Great Father has promised.
I; ll Let my memories of you...sustain me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let by Zandi Wardle )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai