- A Night Song -
Nights like this are
Lonesome and Long
Wish you were here
To sing me a song.
A song of love,
A song of pain,
The winter sunshine
And the summer rain.
Some smiles to cherish,
Some tears to weep,
For us to keep.
A gentle lullaby...
Drifting us to sleep.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (- A Night Song - by Aparna Chatterjee )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Sensation Of Cleansing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A vase of flowers, Leong Ming Loong
- this just fell off of my frontal lobe, Mandolyn ...
- Growing Intellectually, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Collision Course, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Christmas This Year, Khalid Saifullah
- 'a new -but -not- very -old poetry of on.., Nyein Way
- Joy and Peace in Believing, Luo Zhihai
- My True Love Is Art, Rohit Sapra
- O God, gajanan mishra