- A Night Song -
Nights like this are
Lonesome and Long
Wish you were here
To sing me a song.
A song of love,
A song of pain,
The winter sunshine
And the summer rain.
Some smiles to cherish,
Some tears to weep,
For us to keep.
A gentle lullaby...
Drifting us to sleep.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (- A Night Song - by Aparna Chatterjee )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Who Ever Loved That Loved Not at First S.., Christopher Marlowe
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Phyllis, Kim Barney
- Twilight, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Writer's Block, Paul Butters
- Johnny Giles (Clerihew), Paul Butters
- Vapour Trail Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- Carrot/Stick Solution, Ima Ryma
- electrification, oskar hansen
- Love And Respect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Curtain of Fog, V P Mahur
- Love's Dictum, L. E. O. Gibraltar