Nicholas Wayde Turner
I want to tell you the truth so bad.
But I know you’ll get mad.
You are the one I want.
But there’s a chance we’ll get caught.
I don’t know how long I can keep up this lie just for one guy.
You don’t know how much it wears me out.
It makes me want to go off and pout.
The lies are taking over.
So I’m running for cover.
I’m sorry that I won’t stay and fight.
I just can’t handle another bite.
Because everywhere I go there’s another lie.
And that scares me because they’re becoming easy as pie.
I have to watch everything I say.
Because I don’t know what’s going to happen throughout the day.
There has been times I thought about running.
But that would just keep the fire of lies burning.
So I set here missing opportunities.
Because I avoid my manly duties.
Nicholas Wayde Turner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lies by Nicholas Wayde Turner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- i dye my hair the color of us, Mandolyn Davidson
- Meeting Warmth~, Kamini Arichandran
- Smaller Contemporary Indian English Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- मेथाइ(से), Ronjoy Brahma
- It Was First Kiss; Kissing You For The F.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Only, laxami Cards
- आय' दैज्लां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Was Lawrence A Sadhu? The Sadhu of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A sad sot..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Do You Think? (Are You Only Gifted & Tal.., Bijay Kant Dubey