Life Freed for Life 0903
If from shared smiles the future springs
Can soft words wake a heart which waits
In hope for scope and joyful dates?
Expecting much her[e] poet brings
Life freed for life, each spirit sings,
Enchantment offered by the Fates.
Joined hands together cut old strings
Open spread fair shining wings,
Unleash emotions' inner gates
Emprisoned long by worthless weights.
ENgland, France, - chance glance Trust wins.
Lieu sur, safe harbour, can provide
Sure springboard which will stem time's tide.
(15 January 2000)
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Freed for Life 0903 by Jonathan ROBIN )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki
- Fuck You, Michael Webb
- The marvelous designer., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Stories We Tell Ourselves, Michael Mira
- The catastrophe., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace One Day, Lyn Paul
- 'THE INFANT'S WAIL', Princewill Umunnakwe
- daggers of bayonets, pittbull pittman
- The Flow of Destiny, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude to parents, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.