life is not
LIFE IS NOT
Life is not a having and a getting,
but a being and becoming,
both remembering and forgetting,
wiseing up before down dumbing.
Very truly life's a lot
like what you never had imagined, and
ultimately life is not
life, having answered death's demand.
Matthew Arnold wrote:
Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming.
gershon hepner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (life is not by gershon hepner )
- Vicious circle, Jole Hans
- Get your body and mind back, O men, gajanan mishra
- Angst, Jole Hans
- I Will..., ging taping
- Another Reaser Christmas!, Sharilynn Dawn Reaser
- A dogs life, michael hagwood
- MIKE WASN'T HAPPY, shannon strauss
- Unique We Are, Mantu Mahakul
- Shadow, Liffy Liu
- Broken angel, Barbara Dixion