Didier Sixte Kahungu
Life İn A Circus
What does life and juggling have that economics 101 doesn't have?
In life like in juggling,
You can never say 'all things being equal...'
Everything and every ball is at stake AT THE SAME TIME..
Everything changes simultaneously...
The ball in your hand is soon thrown in the air,
Quicker than it takes you to feel cozy with it
And get some sense of being in control from the brief moment you held it.
The dropping or falling of one ball will attract ooohs and aaahs..
Focusing on the dropped or fallen ball takes you away
From the 4 that are still in the air..
You have failed one, not all five...
In some cases its a game of averages,
Elsewhere it's drop one fail all..
But in reality, its life not a game
Then you suddenly realize
That even at the circus there's a lesson to learn,
Life to be lived,
Breath to be drawn.
Didier Sixte Kahungu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life İn A Circus by Didier Sixte Kahungu )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- something that is better if uncertain, RIC S. BASTASA
- You pour your mercy., RIC S. BASTASA
- 413, Narcia Lily
- To drive a point, i collect pebbles and .., RIC S. BASTASA
- I follow the smoke, and sigh, RIC S. BASTASA
- Unchanging To Exchange Blame, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Have Fun! Why Not?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Respecting Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- where you belong..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Our Divine Differences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak